Success takes hard work and dedication. Nothing gets handed to you on a silver platter, and everything that you get that way gives you absolutely no satisfaction.
Why are we so scared to take a chance? Why are scared of change or scared of what might go wrong. Why dont we make the decision to look at every single opportunity that presents itself in the most positive way. Yes, we can all stay at the same position or job for 5 or 6 years, earn a pretty decent income and make a living, if you are anything like me, this is not enough, we dont settle and we dont just carry on with our 8 to 5 day jobs for ever and be content with that.
Take the chance – take the leap of faith – and if in doubt remember the following:
- Taking Risks – Make sure you know what you want, and take calculated risks. Everything in life has a certain degree of risk attached to it, taking risks pushes you to make sure it works, you just need to determine if the reward is something you really want. Without taking risks in life you will become “stuck in a rut” and your life will become pretty boring, fact – we were built to take risks.
- What If – I wonder how many people are haunted by this question on a daily basis. What If I accepted that job…What If I tried this or What If I actually took that risk and grabbed that opportunity with both hands. Dont let your life be filled with regrets and What If`s !
- Your Life…Your Future – When you get the opportunity to change your life, to make a positive impact on your future grab it! 10 Years from now you will thank yourself! Nobody else is going to take that risk for you…its up to you – Your Life…Your Future
- Trial & Error – Not every opportunity that presents itself will be right for you, but how will you know without trying? It may take a few very important “Trial & Error” lessons but eventually it will all be worth it!
- If you fall…you get right back up – Dont let the risk of failing stop you – our fear of failing is our biggest obstacle. I you fall…you get right back up and try again!
- Risk gets you noticed – a lot of people dont get this, but think about it..nobody notices mediocre “Dave” with his same routine, his same responses and his same :”playing it safe” tactics. Taking risks gets you noticed, putting yourself out there draws attention – the right kind of attention!
Do you think Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates (you know he dropped out of college to start a business!) was scared to take a chance, do you think they knew instantaneously that their ventures were going to be a booming success? No, they didnt, but they took the risk, and it paid off 🙂
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain